The old way – For 20 years I was employed and always wanted to work for myself but really didn’t know where to start! I got there in the end by leaving the secure job and going for it. I’m in my fifth year now and loving it but it was tough at first and I’m delighted that there is a new emerging trend and both male and female 30+’s and who are going for it!
Best of both with ‘CAREER BLEND’
Career Blend is here which great news and the demand is growing! It’s mainly being adopted by larger corporations such as Kellogg’s and Diageo [source 13.9.16 http://bit.ly/2csRs2H] and enables employees to work a shorter or flexible week leaving time to develop and build their own business model. How exciting is that!
It could be that you are working a four day week in the beauty industry and running a dog grooming company as well. Or working flexi time with your employed company and setting up your own company one day per week. What a better way to transition from employed to self employed.
So if you have that great idea then you must give it a go and try the new way. Test the water and discuss options with your boss. It’s a win/win as you will focus when in the employed job so that you can commence with your career blend future.
‘CAREER BLEND’ – “Employed & Self Employed & 10 tips ……..
- Do your research including competitors
- Is there a need and if so who needs your product or service?
- What will you charge?
- Create a draft set of financial forecasts to show it’s viable
- Think through your vision to include 3 objectives to achieve in x time
- Use a basic business plan to document everything (email me through my website if you don’t have one)
- Build an action plan in excel with everything you need to do and when, through whom/what
- Add milestone checks in the diary to evaluate your current position / the plan
- Be ready to change direction if you need to
- Don’t stop – keep going, get support from experts and you will get there!
I will be delighted to have an initial discussion with you so that I can understand how I may be able to support your next stages of business ownership, growth and business improvements as every business is unique.
TFL specialise in building great businesses with our clients and translating unique existing successful businesses into a franchise model for growth