New Year and this month most businesses will be reviewing their business canvas to understand what can be changed to delivery business goals. It’s worth it so that you can achieve new and positive future CHANGES. Kathryn Orange, MD of The Future Ltd and BEC Founder/Director has written an article on Business Change, Your Business Canvas.
Last year did you;
- Deliver your business objectives?
- Were they relevant?
- If no, you may need to spend some time understanding where to focus and why for the forthcoming months.
We have produced a few hints and tips to help you below;
Financial Actual / Forecast
- Capture the figures by month.
- What’s the difference in numbers, are they positive or negative?
- If negative understand why so that you can take action
- Ask yourself, “Can we do more of less to achieve positive results?”
- Costs – Can you do the same turnover with less cost?
- If you can act now – check what you pay and see if you can improve it
- Bottom line net profit improvements are easy to find
Your staff & how they supported you
- Do your teams have objectives that enable you to deliver company goals?
- Did your teams delivery the goals?
- If the goals were not delivered when did you notice they were off track?
- It may be best to implement a review of why.
- Do you understand the skills required / your team skills – they may need training?
- Can you introduce regular meetings to see how they are doing?
- Alignment of staff structure to deliver your business goals is essential
- Management of the teams is the hardest part for some businesses.
Are you Customers happy?
- Check all of your customers are happy with the service you provide and if their needs have changed.
- Complete a list of customer by turnover and service
- Are your customers using all of your services? If not, you could improve the turnover by just telling them.
- Send a survey or speak to your top 10 customers
- Invite customers to a lunch/day at your offices to share with them your strategy and what’s new – They will really appreciate it and often you can grow the business by introducing new services to them.
- Customers are always right – don’t forget to ask them, it works!
The Business Executive Club will be holding their next network lunch on Wednesday 17th Jan at Denton Golf Club. Starting at 12 noon – 2pm. Register www.bexc.co.uk